After filling in your personal information and uploading the documents needed to verify your identity, you will then have the ability to save an Ethereum wallet address for Stably to send USDS to.
Visit https://usds.stably.io/profile/add-crypto to add Ethereum accounts. You need to provide the following information:
- Nickname: The name that will appear in your list of Ethereum addresses stored on your Stably profile
- Network: The network you would like your USDS on. Currently, we support only the Ethereum blockchain.
- Public Address: The Ethereum address you would like to save. We recommend that the address you provide is a valid checksum.
Due to the irreversible nature of digital currency protocols, transactions can neither be cancelled nor reversed once sent. Because of this, it is essential to exercise caution when specifying your ERC-20 wallet. It is always recommended that you double-check that the address you are sending to exactly matches the address of the recipient address you want USDS sent to.
What is a checksum?
Checksum validation is a way to tell if an address is valid and doesn’t contain any typos. Your Ethereum address, as well as every other Ethereum address in existence, has two versions - one that includes uppercase letters and one that doesn’t. These are called the checksummed and non-checksummed version. Here’s an example of the same address as a:
- Checksummed version: 0x12AE66CDc592e10B60f9097a7b0D3C59fce29876
- Non-checksummed version: 0x12ae66cdc592e10b60f9097a7b0d3c59fce29876
While both addresses are viable and lead to the same destination, using the checksummed version is always preferable, and Stably recommends that you provide a valid checksum address.
Why am I getting a checksum error?
First, double check the address you provided to make sure that you don't have any typos or missed any characters in your Ethereum address. One common error is not fully copying the address when pasting.
After making these checks, if you see that the address does not contain any capital letters, then it is not a checksummed address.