Two-factor authentication (2FA) gives you an extra layer of security, beyond just a username and password. It requires you to provide a verification code from a second device, usually a mobile phone.
Stably recommends that you enable two-factor authentication for login, so that your account stays safe even if your password is compromised.
How do I enable 2FA on my Stably account?
- Download an authenticator app (see the list below)
- Visit your profile page at usds.stably.io/profile and click on the "Manage 2FA" tab
- Click "Add 2FA" and scan the QR code with your authenticator app to sync your app to your Stably account
- Enter the code from your authenticator app and click "Submit"
How do I disable 2FA on my Stably account?
Stably does not recommend disabling 2FA on your account, but if you need to, you can follow these steps.
- Visit your profile page at usds.stably.io/profile and click on the 2FA tab
- Click "Disable 2FA"
What authenticator should I use?
Some of the most popular authenticator apps are listed below. Please note we do not endorse any of these products:
- Google Authenticator
- Authy 2-Factor Authentication
- Microsoft Authenticator
- Protectimus Smart OTP
- FreeOTP Authenticator
- Sophos Authenticator
- Authenticator Plus
- LastPass Authenticator
What do I do if I have lost access to my authenticator device?
If you lose access to your registered 2FA device, please open a ticket with Stably support. We will get in touch with next steps.